If I had a fairy godmother that granted out wishes, I would wish to meet some of my favorite coloring books artist. Here are my top 10 artists I would love to meet in real life and have a cup of coffee or tea with …and maybe a piece of cake.
1. Karolina Kubikowska – I love her dark artwork. She intrigues me. Plus I would love to have one of her illustrations tattooed on me by her, probably a bunny. Life goals.
2. Klara Markova – I adore Klara’s coloring books so I would love to meet the person that dreams up these fairy worlds. Maybe we could have some of that delicious cake she always features in her books, with berries of course.
3. Johanna Basford – I love Johanna’s art and I really admire her marketing savvy and ability to repackage, reinvent and make the most of her work. I would love to talk to her and see how her business mind works.
4. Alan Robert – As well as being a talented illustrator, Alan is also a musician. We could chill out, listen to some music and I could pick his brains on the inspiration behind the creepy Ghouliana in his books
5. Daria Song – I’ve had such a coloring crush on Daria for so long, it would be a dream to meet her. She looks like a little doll, so delicate and fragile – I’d love to see what she is like in real life. As well as her illustrations I really love Daria’s collages. I could imagine spending an afternoon looking at her beautiful textiles and having tea at her shop
6. Lulu Mayo – I love Lulu’s cute coloring books and have wanted one featuring “a Million Rabbits” for so long. If we were sharing a pot of tea I could try and convince her and her publisher to draw up those bunnies!
7. EmelieLidehall Oberg – One of my favorite Swedish illustrators. I would love to talk fairies and fairy houses with Emelie
8. Maria Trolle – I love Maria’s coloring books and I really love that she always includes a legend of the flowers at the back of the book. As I am so new to gardening I have found this such a helpful reference. I’d love to sit in Maria’s garden and see how it inspires her with her art.
9. Eriy – I know that Eriy is not fluent in English and I am not fluent in Japanese …but it would be so much fun to see her working with her toothpick dipped in ink. I would be happy just to watch her at work and maybe escape to Cocot for the day.
10. Hannah Lynn – I love Hannah’s big-eyed girls and I really admire the journey she has taken with her art career and her keen business sense. I am hoping if I had half an hour and a coffee with her I could learn to color her pictures as she does
It’s so hard to stop at 10 for me, there are so many artists I would love to meet so here is two more that I’d really love to spend time with.
11. Jasmine Becket Griffith – I just love this waif-like artist. She always appears so delicate to me that it would be like having tea with a fairy. Plus, I would love to sit with her while she paints Alice in Wonderland. That’s the stuff that dreams are made of 🙂
12. Christine Karron – Christine is such a versatile illustrator and an amazing artist. I would love to sit and watch her paint or watercolor and try and absorb as many tips as possible. Hopefully, while I was there I could beg and plead for another Benny Blue coloring book (my favorite bunny to color).
I hope you enjoyed my list of illustrator’s I would love to meet. I would love to hear who you would like to meet in the comments below.