by Karolina Kubikowska
Format: Card cover
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the product. If you buy a book using that link, I will receive a small commission. This does not affect the price that you pay. Your support is very much appreciated x
Spirts of Easter Postcards | Imaginary Friends | Ticket To Dreams | Po Drugiej Stronie Snu Coloring Book Reviews
Polish illustrator and tattooist, Karolina Kubikowska is one of my favorite artists. Her dark style of drawing is fascinating and unique in the coloring book world. Some people in the coloring world describe Karolina’s illustrations as greyscale. For me, the textural compositions that Karolina creates are not grayscale but rather pen and ink. No matter how you describe her style, it is beautiful and very, very different in both style and subject.
Her tattoos look so ethereal that they often make me want to book a flight to Poland and have some ink permanently etched by Karolina on me.
Every book that Karolina has produced I have purchased as soon as it was released (or in the case of Ticket to Dreams as soon as it was in stock again). Yet every time, her books arrive, something in my life goes awry which means that the books do not get reviewed as quickly as possible. In the case of Po Drugiej Stronie Snu …..it’s fast approaching 3 years that I’ve owned this beauty but never reviewed it. Most of the books though have been shown in either coloring collection or coloring haul videos.
Today my plan is to show all the coloring books that Karolina has created to date. Of course, you may have already seen or own many of these coloring books. If that is the case, you can skip ahead to the book review you want to see by using the links below.
Milly, my beautiful kitty appears to be a new fan of Karolina’s work. You will see that she has decided to take part in some of this video 🙂
Spirits of Easter Postcards – Features
- Presented in a beautifully colored card foldout cover
- Illustrated and signed thank you card to color
- Five sturdy cream envelopes with a design element to color
- Postcard book featuring a replica of the colored card cover and glue binding for ease of removal
- Text printed in Polish and English
- White, faintly textured quality card
- Illustrations printed in dull black which provides good readability for the size of the book
- Eleven illustrations postcard size to color with an Easter theme (although could be used at other times as well)
- One page illustrations that can be used as a string garland
- One page containing illustrations for 5 message tags that can be cut out
- Five pages that feature illustrations that can be used to create a 3D image (or can be used separately if you do not wish to do that)
Where to buy Spirits of Easter Coloring Postcards
Imaginary Friends Coloring Book – Features
- A beautifully colored glossy card cover
- Large book measuring 22.3 cm x 30 cm plus coil binding
- 142 pages of artwork on single-sided paper
- Smooth, off white 200 gm paper which the artist states is suitable for aquarelle (watercolors)
- Text in Polish and English
- The theme of Imaginary Friends features dreamy girls and gorgeous animals
- Illustrations are printed in a dull black making it easy to see
- Use of black and highly textured illustrations make it a book suitable for colorists of all skill levels
- Opportunity for colorists to add background effects in (if they wish)
Where to buy Imaginary Friends Coloring Book
Ticket to Dreams Coloring Book – Features
- A beautifully colored glossy card cover with gold foiling
- Thick book measuring 23 cm x 25cm plus coil binding
- 100 pages of artwork
- Illustrations are printed on both sides of the off white smooth paper, medium to heavyweight 250 gm paper (3 illustrations are printed on single-sided paper and one color testing page)
- Dark dull black printing makes the artwork easy to see
- Heavy use of black and textural elements throughout makes the book suitable for all colorists
- Illustrations tend to fill the page
- A variety of illustrations featuring dreamy girls, animals, and plants
Where to buy Ticket to Dreams Coloring Book
Po Drugiej Stronie Snu Coloring Book – Features
- A beautifully colored card cover that appears to be smudge-resistant
- Eleven pages featuring colored images to inspire (they appear to have a watercolor look and feel)
- Double page printing
- White smooth, medium paper (test your mediums first in a discreet spot)
- The artwork has been illustrated with dull black lines making it easy to see
- You will find illustrations featuring animals, flowers, dreamy girls, and botanicals throughout
Where to buy Po Drugiej Stronie Snu Coloring Book
Po Drugiej Stronie Snu Coloring Book was the first book published by Karolina Kubikowska. The book was originally available on Book Depository. However, it is now unavailable. Abe Books often have “hard to find” books that have many copies listed of Po Drugiej Stronie Snu Coloring Book. However, the prices are incredibly high, as are the ones listed on various Amazon sites.
The etailer below has a stock of the coloring book and has had the most reasonable price for it that I have found, at the time of writing. Although it may not appear that the etailer ships internationally, they do. You simply need to contact them to calculate the shipping cost to your country.
Po Drugiej Stronie Snu Coloring Book has now been released as an English imprint as “The Other Side of the Dream”. The coloring book has been reformatted, 4 additional images have been included and it is now being sold as a hardcover coloring book.
Where to buy The Other Side of the Dream Coloring Book
Happy coloring x