by Johanna Basford
Published by Penguin Books on 2022
Style: double page printing, Paper: Light to medium
Format: Card cover, Express Bullet Point Review, Glue & Stitched
This post contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the product. If you buy a book using that link, I will receive a small commission. This does not affect the price that you pay. Your support is very much appreciated x
Rooms of Wonder Coloring Book – Features
- available as US and UK editions
- the US edition, which I have reviewed, differs from the UK edition – it does not have fold-out flaps on the cover, the paper is white and the paper is apparently the same as used in the US in Kerby Rosane’s books
- the cover features gold foiling and has printing on the inside as well which can be colored
- illustrations are printed in a dull black with a medium line weight
- the coloring book is interactive with a key to find on each page
- nameplate page for you to color at the start of the book
- color palette test page (front and back) at the rear of the book
- the theme of the book is rooms and there are a variety of illustrations featuring rooms and scenes of rooms but there are many illustrations included in the book that don’t fit this theme
- there are illustrations with different levels of complexity and many smaller-sized images/elements for times when you just want to color quickly
Note – Some colorists in the US have reported printing problems with their coloring book – black smudges, lines, and others have stated that they are unhappy with the change to the white paper, the paper feels smooth without any texture and some of the coloring products that they are using do not perform the same as in other books.
Johanna has published a post on Facebook addressing these concerns and is endeavoring to understand what has happened in the printing process so it can be rectified.
The book that I have does not have any printing smudge marks/lines and the paper although white has a faint texture to it. You can see the mediums that I used on the color testing page in the video above. I haven’t experienced the issues that other colorists have, no doubt due to different print runs. If these issues are of concern to you, you can always order the UK edition from Book Depository here (free shipping).
Where to Buy Rooms of Wonder Coloring Book
Happy coloring x